Our end client is looking to fill an SAP Application Specialist role. This is a full time role; so any candidate has access to PTO, Health Benefits, Retirement Plan, etc. The salary range is set but the offer will be contingent on the overall interview process and years experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Responsible for driving elements of SAP MM projects.
- Issues recommendations and makes technical decisions in order to timely deliver efficient and cost-effective solutions on technical topics.
- Understands the business requirement and coordinates the timely delivery of “agreed on” solutions on functional topics.
- Handles related communication.
- Assists in the project management of SAP related initiatives, including coordinating project meetings (ex. agenda, moderating, minutes, follow-up, etc..) and project communication (ex. steering committees, newsletters).
- Supports existing SAP processes and related user operation of system, including managing tickets; reproducing the problem in QAS, if appropriate; documenting the answer and confirming with the requestor that the ticket can be closed.
- Coordinates SAP changes (ex. fixes, new features, upgrades) and ensures the proper resolution to these changes: implementation in DEV, unit testing, integration testing in QAS including follow-up, documentation, training, roll-out or coordination of the roll-out in PRD once change is approved in QAS, closure of the ticket
- Works closely with the Business Technology Manager to make sure all applications are meeting performance and availability requirements.
- Meets established deadlines for delivery of IT tasks and projects as required.
- Plans, organizes, and controls activities and develops internal work procedures to assure consistent and quality services.
- Stays current with developments within SAP field and strives to continuously maintain expertise in use of SAP system.
- Supports staff in developing SAP expertise.
- Responds to Business Technology Manager as assigned with accurate and timely work.
- Provides general support to all departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following SAP modules: MM, IM, WM, PP, Purchasing, & MRP.
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong analytical skills. Ability to proceed through system diagnostics in a logical and orderly manner is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills with ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to effectively manage projects (ex. time, scope, budget, team coordination).
- Strong commitment to customer service and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a functional consultant in several SAP modules (ex. MM, IM, WM, PP, Purchasing, & MRP). SAP certification preferred.
- Active participation in at least two SAP implementations and experience working with external SAP resources.
- Good knowledge of SQL and Relational Database Theory.
- Prior experience in a distribution/manufacturing environment preferred.
Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.