The Software Engineer II is responsible for configuring and supporting the Oracle E-Business application. The role will work with end users to analyze business needs, identify application solution, configure application and if needed, build customized solutions that support and enhances the application while meeting the needs of NBME.
- Contributes in a functional and technical role, in supporting the application, managing user needs, working with vendors and supporting the system interfaces that integrate with in-house and 3rd party applications/products.
- Participates in requirements gathering and system analysis, develops and tests software solutions that are consistent and coherent to the enterprise architecture standards and existing system environment.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle like waterfall, Agile
- Maintains and assures the integrity and accuracy of the corporate data, with particular attention to application and data security.
- Maintains and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge in Oracle E-Business applications, related tools and technology
- Participates in developing, managing systems; Follows and contributes to standards and best practices.
- Mentors and provides valuable technical guidance as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools is required/preferred
- Other duties as needed by the team
- Expected to build business and technical skills towards understanding of Finance and HR system operations.
- Demonstrates Service Excellence by clarifying customer concerns and providing clearly defined and documented options along with a recommendation. Follows-through on delivery to achieve a positive end result from the view of the customer.
- Consistently delivers well-tested, highly dependable work products which are consistent with and coherent to the system design, enterprise architecture standards and existing system environment.
- Implements and manages technology components integration support with in-house and 3rd party applications/products.
- Delivers on-time, practical and cost-effective solutions.
- Documents and presents proposals for possible technical solutions to a well-defined problem.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve and expand one's technical and business knowledge; Regularly participates and contributes to peer learning sessions,
- Volunteers to share technical knowledge to peers and demonstrates ability to continuously improve by promoting and implementing new ideas into the team
- Maintains accurate system design documentation.
- Participates in code reviews to extend own knowledge and abilities.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in software technologies and system design, specifically related to Oracle E-Business applications.
- Good communication and collaborative skills, a detail-oriented attitude and ability to work effectively on a team
- Demonstrates effective skills to learn and adapt to a well-established technology in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong skills to effectively communicate complex solutions and options with customers and non-technical staff.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to apply critical thinking
- Demonstrates growing understanding of full stack of software and database development, application and infrastructure design, IT security and defect tracking
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills leading to successful decision-making
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly and independently
- Ability to learn on the job and using internal/external trainings
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills to work with customers
- Demonstrates Service Excellence to customers by providing well-articulated options and recommendations to business expressed concerns/problems
- Ability to review existing code, understand the functionality and support them with very minimum supervision
- 4+ years hands-on experience in implementing/supporting Oracle E-Business applications is required
- 4+ years hands-on experience supporting many Financial modules like General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Cash Management, Order Management and Project Billing is required.
- Experience with month-end and year-end close processes is required
- Experience working with Oracle Support is required
- Experience developing and supporting external and internal system interfaces is required
- Experience with Oracle Time and Labor, Human Resources and Inventory modules is preferred.
- Experience in requirement analysis and system design is preferred
- Extensive experience with building solutions using SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Oracle Report Writer is required
- Experience with tools like TOAD, PL/SQL developer and XML Publisher is preferred
- Experience in Unix shell scripting is preferred
- Experience with ReportsWand and GLWand add-in tools is preferred
NBME offers a versatile selection of high-quality assessments and educational services for students, professionals, educators, and institutions dedicated to the evolving needs of medical education and health care. To serve these communities, we collaborate with a comprehensive array of professionals including test developers, academic researchers, scoring experts, practicing physicians, medical educators, state medical board members, and public representatives.
Together with the Federation of State Medical Boards, NBME develops and manages the United States Medical Licensing Examination. In addition, we are committed to meeting the needs of educators and learners globally with assessment products and expert services such as Subject Examinations, Customized Assessment Services, Self-Assessments, the International Foundations of Medicine , and Item-Writing Workshops.
We also provide medical education funding and mentorship through the Latin America Grants, Stemmler Fund, and Strategic Educators Enhancement Fund, which serve to advance assessment at educators' and health professionals' own institutions.
Learn more about NBME at NBME.org.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At NBME, we continue to innovate and improve how we fulfill the evolving needs of the health care community. This commitment starts and ends with the people at NBME. By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various disciplines and backgrounds, which includes professionals with diverse life experiences, abilities, and perspectives, NBME can take a well-informed, robust approach to advancing medical education and assessment for years to come.
NBME is an equal opportunity employer as defined by the EEOE.
NBME offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work environment.