When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This can be remote with travel as required.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team to partner with our post sales laboratory and instrument service business leaders across Divisions to deliver solutions and return strategic value through our Thermo Fisher IT landscape. This driven leader will align and support the robust and evolving roadmap of process improvements, automation and system implementations that are critical to the broader service strategic plan.
The IT Director of Instrument Service leads business application developers, analysts and configuration resources on strategic programs, tactical decisions and implementation of business tools and applications. This role requires an ability to apply deep understanding of service business to lead the roadmap that develops, delivers, and manages IT application portfolios for Service. It is also a leadership position that entails guiding and coaching consultants and cross functional teams, planning of projects and budgets aligned with service business strategies.
What will you do?
- Evolve critical business strategies by directing the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems for field service operations
- Responsible for roadmap and development of service systems, architecture, design, business process and solution implementations.
- Lead in scaling solutions to the service business across Thermo Fisher, including Service within Cloud for Customer, Digital Remote Service, and the technologies that enable assignment and scheduling of over 4,000 global service employees.
- Partner with a variety of business and IT stakeholders to lead, facilitate and support characterization of demand and portfolio management (planning, prioritization & execution).
- Influence direct and indirect teams that focus on service applications.
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment. Establish standards and procedures to ensure the technical team works in a consistent manner and maintains validated state of systems.
How will you get here?
- Executive level communications experience with proven excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Minimum 10 years in progressive IT leadership roles building global expertise in business relationship management
- Minimum 10 years of Service Business focused IT strategy and solution delivery experience
- Strong understanding of SAP’s Service Management/ Customer Service and SD modules.
- Extensive project management skills using various methodologies to prepare and execute business plans, including a minimum of 5 years leading Agile delivery
- BS Required, MS or MBA preferred
- Proven experience in leading large projects that include business process reengineering in the space of Service Management or Digital Service Management eBusiness delivery.
- Experience implementing SAP, Service Management solutions with a bias towards Cloud for Customer and service system solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have in-depth knowledge of SAP Service Management (SM) business process and various processes like Service Orders, RMA, and Service Contracts and their configuration in SAP; Knowledge of full-cycle SAP SM implementation from Blueprint to Go Live.