The Configuration Analyst will be a key member of Application Design and Development unit at NBME®. In addition to being responsible for analysis, the Analyst will work directly with scrum team members, Solution Architect and business, gathering requirements to analyze, design and implement based on SFDC best practices. They will work with senior members of the team ensuring successful delivery of Salesforce.com implementation.
The Configuration Analyst will focus on leading implementation of Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Communities to offer a comprehensive, industry-focused solution that includes strategy, implementation, migration and integration services. Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your talent for thoughtful and game changing solutions in our inclusive culture that values diversity of ideas, experiences and backgrounds.
- Review, understand, and provide estimates to fulfill requirements for configuring, testing and launching Salesforce CRM and Communities/Portal solutions
- Implement configurations across Salesforce Dot Com (SFDC) platform, including troubleshooting activities (Configure Users, Object Model, Profiles Role Creation/Maintenance, Custom and Formula Fields, Validation Rules, Page Layouts and List views, Assignment/Auto Response/Escalation, Workflows & Approvals, and Process Builder)
- Work with solutions architect to understand possible solutions, and translate them to functional specifications for Salesforce Dot Com configuration solutions
- Research and recommend changes in the enterprise application environment through internal customization, third-party products, etc. and identify opportunities for increased productivity cost reduction.
- Work closely with the Technology team to provide functional and technology support on SFDC Resolve Level 2 queries (i.e. break/fix, etc.)
- Accountable for end to end resolution of incidents around Salesforce configurations; track and monitor incidents throughout the life cycle
- Conduct unit testing of configuration changes
- Support other testing cycles like QA, UAT, regression, and system testing
- Configure SFDC lightning Components
- Perform data transfer and cleansing via APEX Data Loader and/or SFDC Import Wizard
Overall Configuration Analyst Duties:
- Analyze Salesforce releases and coordinate impact with business (PO) and technical teams
- Participate in business requirements and technical requirement meetings
- Build and foster relationships with business users, stakeholders and partners by displaying industry knowledge and expertise in the Salesforce.com platform
- Serve as a liaison with Product Owner and IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- Collaborate with Product Owners to understand and support their overall business strategy
- Participate in business case development, approval and prioritization process, shaping the IT contribution
- Work with Solutions Architect and Product Owners to evaluate 3rd party apps on Salesforce AppExchange
- Champion the re-use of Salesforce solutions across the businesses where practical
- Identify and assist in the development of system transition requirements for the delivery of all projects
- Provide Salesforce.com configuration best practices
- Develop and champion a change control process for Salesforce.com releases
- Communicate SFDC solution options to both technical and non-technical staff
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in the SFDC CRM platform required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Bamboo (or similar tools)
- Five or more year's relevant business experience in a large software development environment
- Possesses demonstrated ability to quickly synthesize business, structure, and organizational strategies and goals
- Understanding of requirements management disciplines and software development life cycle
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, communication and collaboration skills
- Lightning experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Prefer any Salesforce Certification in any of the following:
- Administration Certification
- Service Cloud Certification
- Communities Certification
NBME offers a versatile selection of high-quality assessments and educational services for students, professionals, educators, and institutions dedicated to the evolving needs of medical education and health care. To serve these communities, we collaborate with a comprehensive array of professionals including test developers, academic researchers, scoring experts, practicing physicians, medical educators, state medical board members, and public representatives.
Together with the Federation of State Medical Boards, NBME develops and manages the United States Medical Licensing Examination. In addition, we are committed to meeting the needs of educators and learners globally with assessment products and expert services such as Subject Examinations, Customized Assessment Services, Self-Assessments, the International Foundations of Medicine , and Item-Writing Workshops.
We also provide medical education funding and mentorship through the Latin America Grants, Stemmler Fund, and Strategic Educators Enhancement Fund, which serve to advance assessment at educators' and health professionals' own institutions.
Learn more about NBME at NBME.org.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At NBME, we continue to innovate and improve how we fulfill the evolving needs of the health care community. This commitment starts and ends with the people at NBME. By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various disciplines and backgrounds, which includes professionals with diverse life experiences, abilities, and perspectives, NBME can take a well-informed, robust approach to advancing medical education and assessment for years to come.
NBME is an equal opportunity employer as defined by the EEOE.
NBME offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work environment.