Do you have a passion for technical design and driving process efficiencies to create value through integrated products and their data? Do you have a strong drive to teach others and an eagerness to learn? Do you feel rewarded by building credibility and trust through delivering against objectives all while being part of a dynamic and growing team?
As a Business Solution Architect on Weyerhaeuser’s Timberlands Core Services team, you will play a critical role in our efforts to build and support a multi-year, system integration program known as the Connected Forest. Your primary responsibility is to develop and deliver innovative process and data integration solutions that help us meet the Connected Forest vision.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads activities and guides others in identifying new and existing solutions by interviewing customers, analyzing business applications and operations requirements.
- Develops proposals for process automation and data integration opportunities, including performing impact and ROI analysis.
- Leads the design of process automation and data integration solutions and recommends alternatives based on sound value analysis and business judgement. Leads the design and implementation of monitoring and maintenance programs for process automation and data integration solutions.
- Manage backlog and serve as the lead solution analyst/architect for evaluating completeness of functional requirements before technical design begins.
- Manages and provides oversight of IT Controls specific to our services.
- Contribute to the development of IT strategies and translate those strategies into IT initiatives that deliver value-added results.
- Partner with Data Architecture team to build reports and insights for key workflows.
- Understand stakeholder data and insight needs and aligning the CF insights strategy to those stakeholders.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive, information technology and/or supply chain experience with integrating process and data derived from disparate applications.
- Experience documenting as-is and to-be process and data workflows required.
- Possesses a fundamental knowledge of how various technologies are integrated.
- Experience with low code platforms (e.g. Dell Boomi, OutSystems) for delivering innovative solutions a plus.
- Highly experienced with creating and delivering presentations to staff and customers at all levels.
- Highly experienced in business process analysis and design, project management, and customer relationship management.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.
- Working experience with data tools including metadata management, master data management, data integration and data cataloging preferred.
- Experience implementing strategy by bridging business capabilities with existing technology solutions.
- Proficient at building and maintaining healthy relationships within their team, across IT, and with 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to develop deep knowledge of end to end supply chain processes for Timberlands, and the information systems that support those processes.
- Deep understanding of application and data components when architecting solutions.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience with hybrid cloud and on-prem data landscape.
- Up to 15% travel to visit business locations primarily within the U.S. with some potential trips to Canada is required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as Information Technology or Forestry
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical owners while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Excellent collaboration skills in working together with others across all IT segments and with business leaders by actively soliciting input from others and promote an environment where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas and where the opinions of others are respected.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
Location: While this position is targeted for our Columbia Falls, MT Timberlands IT office, qualified applicants in the following strategic locations will also be considered:
- Seattle, WA
- Hot Springs, AR
At Weyerhaeuser, we are the world's premier timber, land, and forest products company. Sustainability is the founding concept of our business and our values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about sustainability - we led it in the forestry industry when we planted our first seedling by hand in 1938. We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world - from the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience, and pride. That is the Weyerhaeuser way. Our IT team is on a mission to continue to enable Weyerhaeuser to transform the timber industry.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.