The Manager of Mobile Development is responsible for planning, developing and supporting IT strategy resulting in industry-leading mobile applications. As a working manager, this role provides technical expertise, directs staff and contributes to the development of global, customer-facing mobile experiences. This role is a trusted partner to key stakeholders (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to deliver creative and innovative mobile solutions. You will be responsible for IT mobile executions within a large global enterprise. Communicates effectively, while working closely with other groups to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of assigned solutions to ensure the successful delivery of projects aligned with business goals. Responsibility includes management of additional staff.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years IT experience.
• 4+ years management and/or supervisory experience or team responsibility in a dynamic/complex environment
• 4+ years managing software engineers: setting goals, giving feedback and developing career plans.
• 4+ years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management
• 3+ years professional experience in architecting, designing and developing highly scalable native iOS and Android applications (Obj-C, Swift, Java and Kotlin) that have been released in the App Store or Play Store.
• Experience with current mobile technologies and trends:
• Material Design and Apple’s HIG design principles, patterns and best practices
• Mobile Application Analytics
• Push notifications and experience with one or more 3rd party push notification systems
• Commonly used device sensors such as camera, gyroscope, accelerometer, Bluetooth and GPS
• Mobile Augmented Reality and Machine Learning capabilities
• Cross platform mobile frameworks and platforms such as React Native and Flutter
• Experience with and advocate for software quality practices:
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Unit Testing and Mobile Testing Automation
• Experience with architectural patterns and paradigms such as MVP, Rx and/or MVVM.
• Experience with integrating with remote or local data sources:
• REST APIs
• MBaaS such as Firebase
• SQLlite, CoreData, JDXA or NexusData
• Good project management skills
• Ability to lead high pressure, dynamic enterprise environment leveraging expert skills in motivation, facility and influencing to drive results through a team.
• Agile leadership and coaching experience, leading teams to focus and deliver in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with accessibility regulations and guidelines such as WCAG 2.0.
• Experience working with data and systems that require regulatory compliance such as PCI, PII and/or GDPR.
• Experience with establishing governance models, development standards and engineering processes
• Experience working with an API gateway platform and/or microservices
• Experience working with information security vulnerability tests, such as static and dynamic testing tools and/or network penetration tests