Our client has a high-profile position open for an Azure Data Engineer. You will need to walk in the door with strong skills in Azure Data Warehousing,
Analysis, Power BI, Analysis, data lakes, data marts, and be able to sling Azure SQL in your sleep. You MUST have a career displaying both strong technical and functional skills.
Excellent global client company; flexible and employee-focused and expanding. This is an opportunity to advance your career, build a team, and affect bottom line results. Onsite in Florida, or remote with occasional travel possible. Compensation open; depends on job fit. Contract duration initially then conversion to in-house full-time hire.
- Participate in design, implementation, and support of a data warehouse and analytics platform utilizing Azure cloud technology.
- Design, develop, and support Azure SQL Database Data Marts for functional area data consumers.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft SSIS and/or Azure cloud technology.
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft SSIS ETL processes for On Premises SQL Data Warehouse.
- Explore and learn the latest Azure technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency.
- Works with top-notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
- Ensure that Data Warehouse and Database standards, guidelines and processes are followed.
- Lead data integration project tasks, estimate effort, schedule tasks and drive project deliverables and schedules.
- Work with business users to understand data integration related problems and provide solutions.
- Communicate project status with management.
Job Skills Required:
- 7+ years of experience as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams.
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server (2008 - 2019) and Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) development experience are required.
- Extensive experience working with various data sources (SQL and Oracle database, flat files (csv, delimited), Web API, XML, EDI
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions in Azure specializing in any of the following technologies: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions.
- Experience with Power BI, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS) is a plus.
- Advanced T-SQL skills required. Solid understanding of relational databases and business data; ability to write complex SQL queries against variety of data sources (OLTP, Data Warehouse).
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Azure Repo and GitHub experience preferred.
- Experience mentoring other report developers / business users is a plus.
- Experience communicating clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Ability to influence others through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn new technology and quickly adapt to technology changes.
Education & Experience:
- Data Engineering/Data Warehousing development/operations experience of at least 7 years.
- Cloud computing environment experience of at least 2 years.
- SQL Server development
MS Azure with ADF V2, ADF Dataflow, Databricks, SQLDB, Synapse, ADLS Gen 2 and other Azure