Now Hiring: Production Control and Logistics Specialist -- you'll be responsible for management and execution of Plant Materials, Logistics and Production Scheduling activities to ensure all functions work together to achieve 100% customer delivery. The position is responsible for achieving inventory targets and developing material flow and replenishment strategies to support operational efficiencies and continuous improvement activities to achieve budget and spend targets under the control of this position.
Here's what you'll do:
The position incumbent ensures the following...
· Adherence to Global and BU PC&L standards to effectively manage and control Plant PC&L functions; Material Planning, Inventory Control, Production Scheduling, Internal and External Logistics.
· Responsible for developing, tracking and continuously improving key performance indicators (KPI’s) aligned with Global & Business Unit PC&L standards.
· Responsible for the development of production schedules for release to the Plant Production Team to ensure 100% customer delivery and adherence to Finished Good inventory targets.
· Responsible for alignment of MRP to Customer Releases to ensure accurate EDI release of Supplier order requirements.
· Responsible for Management of all Material Planning processes aligned with Plant Inventory Targets, Production schedules through maintaining accurate master data.
· Management and control of Plant inventory through maintaining Cycle Counting Program. Continuous tracking of inventory accuracy and route cause analysis for inaccuracies and deviations.
· Manage inbound/outbound Logistics requirements for the plant, both domestic and international modes. Ensure constant review of Supplier volumes to develop optimized routes and delivery schedules aligned with Plant Production schedules and Inventory targets.
· Responsible for Logistics tracking/tracking, execution of premium freight and managing spend totals against budgeted targets.
· Manage Customer and Plant containerization and ensure proper designation of inbound component packaging is aligned with Plant material flow processes and strategies.
· Develop and implement material flow strategies and processes to eliminate waste and increase productivity. Develop and launch effective Warehouse, Supermarket and line-side material storage and delivery systems.
· Managing of engineering changes that will include minimizing or elimination of obsolescence, and the effective implementation of new product launches including all SAP system requirements.
· Manage all Shipping and Receiving, Warehousing, Logistics, Material handling, packaging and returnable containerization for the Plant.
· Must be able to manage inventory to the lowest level without negatively impacting production or customer requirements.
· Extremely good organizational skills and be able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
· Previous departmental management experience and able to build and grow a team that represents the Production Control and Logistics systems at its highest level, all working within a TS-16949 environment.
· Knowledge of automotive systems (depending on plant customer base) and the ability to manage arising issues to maintain the highest grades from our customers.
· Familiar with management of Plan for Every Part (PFEP) to drive proper Material Planning and Logistics execution.
Here's what we need you to have:
All resume submissions will be considered confidential.