Reporting to the VP, Cloud Sales (AMER), the Senior Director, Multi-Cloud Evangelist will be a strategic consultant and advisor in helping to promote the value and benefits of the multi-billion dollar VMware Cloud Portfolio to enterprise clients and partners in the Americas (AMER). The role will be focused on facilitating early-stage cloud discussions, generating new cloud opportunities with new and existing customers, creating and delivering leading-edge cloud feature workshops, as well as authoring whitepapers. This position combines cloud strategy, consulting, and technical application to secure new cloud business opportunities in close partnership with VMware Cloud sales teams.
Working within a matrixed management structure and in collaboration with the VMware AMER Cloud leadership team, the position has responsibility for the working closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner executive leadership teams to help our customers and partners realize the value Cloud Transformation provides. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be critical for success in the role.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify and engage with high propensity customers and partners.
- Ability to help evolve and develop the overall sales strategy and model for cloud services in AMER.
- Act as a business partner with corporate functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
- Communicate VMware Cloud value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users.
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
- Provide consultative support to the sales team by uncovering and capitalizing on cloud sales opportunities
- 15+ years of sales, consulting, product or technology experience in the Cloud industry.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and their team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Consultative sales experience especially in client adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Strong knowledge of the hosting services and cloud services segment in the India market.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of cloud IT solutions.
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Willingness to travel domestically and from time to time internationally.
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable, educational and useful
- Must have a firm grasp on the industry and anticipate trends and movements while balancing maturity and timing
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time