About the job
The Sr. Technical Support Analyst is responsible to evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve reported issues (“events”). This includes liaising with the software development team and SYSPRO Regional Offices based on an event. The focus is on service delivery and ensuring that information sharing regarding event resolution takes.
The type of support would be based on the core technical areas relating to SYSPRO ERP, .NET User Controls, VBScript, Workflow, e.NET, Espresso, Crystal reporting (SRS), Installations and upgrades and SQL instances where the core SYSPRO databases reside.
- Proactively evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve reported issues (“events”).
- Interact with the software development team, customer services administrator, regionals offices and the Support Manager when assistance is required on events.
- Ensure that as an individual and department that the supports services team resolve events in times that either exceed or falls within those stipulated in the OLA.
- To perform deep level root cause analysis on events, so that this information can then be shared via knowledge base articles, help files and/or brought to the attention of the development teams for improvement.
- Ensure that you stay current and up to date within your specialist area, this can be achieved through the SLC (SYSPRO Learning Channel), internal training programs and or other educational institutions when required.
- Resolve automation and business process issues utilizing VBScript, Advanced Workarounds, User Controls, SQL traces and debugging.
- Contribute to the support collateral used in the Knowledgebase and FAQ’s and ensure that the information is relevant and up to date.
Education & Experience
- Requires an NQF 4 level of education;
- A+ or MSCE would be advantageous;
- 5 years plus experience in ERP and software design, testing, and/or technical troubleshooting
- 3+ years’ experience with SYSPRO System.
- Debugging - Microsoft SQL etc. (Advantageous).
- Troubleshooting (Conceptual understanding, analysis, debugging, troubleshooting and solution-provision.)
- Customer interaction (Explaining of complex solutions).
- Installations and upgrades.
- Basic programming (VBScript) (Advantageous).
- SYSPRO Customization. (Advantageous).