Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ or Boston, MA
Type: Contingent Labor
Skills: Project Management, MS Project, HP PPM
Duration: 12 months
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Project Management
Industry: Financial Services
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
Visa : Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Prefer local candidates in Boston since HM sits there, but OK with Jersey candidates as well
Your primary responsibilities:
· Support the Program Manager by performing various aspects of the project management lifecycle for initiatives assigned to you, while adhering to standards and tools defined by the SPMO
· Work closely with business stakeholders to understand needs, define cross-functional plans, milestones, project scope, governance models, develop roadmaps, etc.
· Successfully plan and track execution while maintaining engagement of stakeholders, this entails resolving issues in a timely manner
· Manage risks, issues and dependencies. Clear the path/escalate accordingly
· Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder meetings and manage related follow ups
· Successfully manage stakeholder relationships and team collaboration
· Produce and maintain periodic progress report on project status for senior stakeholders, including senior management, providing transparency and facilitating decision-making.
· Analyze and proactively identify and manage risks. Plan for effective risk mitigation as program progresses
· Ensure senior management remains abreast of status and hold them accountable for facilitating mitigation of risks and resolution of escalated issues
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Report project statuses and issues accurately and escalate to management as needed
Talents needed for success:
· Minimum of five (5) years in a project management role; able to demonstrate experience using project management best practices to successfully deliver business initiatives that achieved the desired outcomes
· Experience in the financial services industry
· Bachelor’s degree
· PMP or other project certifications preferred
· Demonstrates strong leadership, influencing, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Thinks strategically, including thinking outside of the box
· Builds cross-divisional as well as cross-regional relationships
· Delivers regardless of conflict and potentially difficult political agendas
· Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to quickly assimilate new knowledge and has strong analytical skills
· Proficient with MS Office suite (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Proficient with project management tools (e.g. MS Project, HP PPM, Jira)
NICE TO HAVE
SAP Contract Staffing: Fills your immediate need for expert talent to quickly get the job done. This option provides flexibility by delivering experienced SAP consultants to you on a contract basis.
Contract-to-Hire Staffing Services: Know your people before you hire them fulltime. This option provides experienced SAP consultants on a contract basis while you decide if they fit the long-term needs within your company.
SAP Permanent Placement Recruiting: While hiring a full-time resource Personality, Attitude and Approach play equally important role as that having a technology acumen. This option delivers the right full time direct-hire candidates vetted for skills and organizational fit.
Virtual Consulting: To keep up with the change in technology, virtual consults have become an important part of IT and business strategy to succeed and grow. Our Virtual consulting options provides the flexibility and convenience of having experts available anytime-anywhere.
With our network and relationships with over 450,000 IT professionals, we can tap the hidden talent pool. We Guarantee our placements for 90 days. We are just now staffing agency; we are your partners to help you succeed.