Title: SAP SD Implementer
Location: Jersey City, NJ (Remote till office reopens)
Duration: Full time
Client: Direct Client (No layers)
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions in the OTC module areas of the template in order to meet global and local legal/business requirements as part of the Product Design & Development Team.
Along with other team members, interact and engage frequently with business users, managers, project leaders, functional leads and discusses specific business needs, gathers detailed business requirements ensuring they have a full understanding of what is required in order to determine solution options.
Guage the complexities of business processes and particular functional/business area issues, employing problem solving and reasoning skills to come up with solutions that; satisfy core business requirements, proactively support new business needs and deliver business benefits.
- Responsible for analyzing, solutioning, designing, configuring and testing within the OTC area, main focus on SD
- Ability to analyze and translate business requirements into process and functional system solutions to satisfy the business needs and improve user experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to express identified solutions in terms understood by the business
- Liaise with other CoE members to maintain and apply coherent, optimized, integrated, and standardized processes
- Must be able to adapt and quickly learn new areas to be able to deliver integrated solutions.
- Ability to think logically and creatively to deliver robust solutions working in a customized SAP environment, with a strong understanding of standard SAP processes.
- Provide Level 4 support – Ability to identify and diagnose problems and resolve/implement solutions
- Prepare comprehensive documentation according to the project implementation methodology for all aspects of development, for example: Business Requirement/Solution design documents, functional specifications, configuration documents, functional testing and integration testing scripts.
- Perform comprehensive testing of solutions in development and QA environments, including regression testing before any changes are released to the Production environment
- Ensure successful deployment and implementation of solutions and assess user feedback
- Ensure for assigned work: milestones and related sign-offs are achieved on a timely basis in accordance with the project plan, monitor progress of tasks against the project plan, communicate any variations or issues
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work will be required on multiple projects as well as leading some projects
- Liaise with other CoE team members to communicate planned production releases, change impact, and co-ordinate training needs
- Demonstrate a strong business process understanding within a professional services environment
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of master data, sales order processing, pricing, budget and cost management, 3rdparty billing and intercompany billing.
- Any other duties as directed by the Global Manager.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology or Business related field required or equivalent years of experience in the field
- In ECC 6.0, candidate must have an advanced understanding and functional knowledge coupled with hands-on experience of configuring and delivering business solutions in SD and related operational areas, with full knowledge of integration points to other modules, especially PS/MM/FI/CO.
- Familiarity with Resource Related billing is essential in ECC 6.0
- Must have customized development experience – designing logic for user exits, BAPIs, enhancement points, custom application design, interfaces etc.
- Experience of UX/UI application design
- Minimum of 8 years hands-on experience of configuration and delivering business solutions in SD module
- Completion of a minimum of 4 distinct SAP implementations
- Global implementation experience required, particularly within a SAP COE will be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to lead other Team members on projects
- Experience with PS and CATS highly beneficial
- Must demonstrate initiative, critical and creative thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working in waterfall and agile project methodologies
- A proven ability to develop positive working relationships in a distributed team, experience collaborating with offshore team members is valued.
- Prior experience of adapting SAP to a professional services environment would be advantageous
- Media/Advertising industry is a plus.
- Persuasive and convincing advocate of the necessity for a centrally-owned template approach in a global implementation