We are looking for a ERP System Administrator to manage our Sage X3 application. The System Administrator requirements include maintaining and updating the application software, project managing implementations and integrations, creating standard operating procedures, training documentation, and supporting end users.
The System Administrator will offer technical support, handle issues concerning application and database server operations, and support additional software procurement and development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be our in-house Sage X3 expert
- Oversee change management
- Set up user accounts and configuration of security roles
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff
- Create technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Provide technical support
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Review application logs
- Participating in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Working collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Analyze IT procedures for missing gaps and design new IT processes & policies
- Streamline current best practices and ensure logical standards are established.
- Leading new projects and assist in design & commissioning, coordinating tasks and information gathering.
- Ensure innovative solutions are sustainable and meet operational needs.
- Provide input to architectural requirements and functional specifications as required.
- 3+ years experience as a System Administrator
- Sage X3 experience
- Cova experience an advantage
- Experience with databases and networks
- Data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness, analysis and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, helpful attitude
- Proactive and ambitious with a willingness to take on challenges
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Cognizant of cost and is eager to provide outstanding customer services