Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
In this role, you will provide expert technical leadership and execution, and be supporting HPE’s mission-critical federal customers, providing pre-installation configuration, on-site integration, administration, and customer enablement of HPE’s cutting edge high performance computing solution.
Working at the direction of customer, you will respond directly to customer requests and assignments, and provide technical and operational leadership and guidance as needed.
This position requires a current, active US Federal Top Secret with SCI clearance,. As a result, US citizenship is required.
You’ll have opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, while gaining experience as an HPC Systems Administrator, which can lead to future careers within HPE.
In This Role, You Will
- be an active member of the HPE account team, interacting with the Service Delivery Manager, Sales, the customer, and site staff
- attend regularly scheduled customer meetings to keep the customer informed of activities and progress
- answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases, and third-party applications
- maintain the HPC systems availability to the customer, but also create and document site procedures, system diagrams, and other configuration or support documents
- maintain system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades
- assist in solving system hardware, software, and third-party software issues, and provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution
- gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
- determine solutions and implement repair or workarounds when possible, fully documenting steps taken when required
- document and share troubleshooting techniques, new ideas, and utilities to help develop and grow organizational knowledge
- manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required
- perform other duties assigned
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area of study
- 8+ years’ HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC and parallel file system administration and support
- Without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total)
Knowledge And Skills Required
- Must currently hold—US Federal Top Secret with SCI clearance
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Linux operating systems (RHEL or SLES), workload management systems, parallel file systems, networking and security
- Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment
- Technical skills to investigate and resolve complex problems
- Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, etc.) preferred
- Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation; will perform software builds, software upgrades, and patch installation as needed
- Possess the organizational and analytical skills needed to effectively isolate both hardware and software problems and drive solutions through to conclusion
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with project planning and management, process management, and team or project leadership preferred
- Able to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus toward mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Occasional travel for training is required