As a member of Enterprise Services, Corporate Applications, this role is suited to someone who can combine expert analysis skills, a strong technical aptitude, a strategic mindset, diplomatic facilitation and leadership skills in order to participate in project delivery for the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA Financial solution. At project completion, the successful candidate will continue to utilize their SAP Finance and Functional Analyst skills to assume an operational role providing ongoing support to business users in our Finance portfolio.
What will you do?
- Provide solutions including how to leverage standard SAP S/4 HANA Finance and Group Reporting/Consolidation functionality and how to enable requirements while maximizing the ROI, in compliance with SLF Business processes & IFRS 17 requirements
- Support functional design for procurement integration under SAP Ariba solution
- Assist in gathering functional requirements for inbound/outbound interfaces
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor role with clients by gathering and analyzing information to provide recommendations that address and resolve business issues
- Collaborate with business partners, vendors, leaders, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners.
- Translate business needs into solution requirements and understand the long-term and short-term perspectives of an IT investment situation
- Attend solution design workshops and provide input to support gathering of business requirements.
- Transition the requirements and use cases to support functional design
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews during design and build phases
- Serve as a liaison to the business community and support change enablement team as they evaluate training requirements
- Analyze and define functional and non-functional requirements to deliver technology service
- Following project implementation, continue to support finance business teams alongside other IT SAP resources by providing functional SAP support including process resolution and incident management
- Perform root cause analysis on persistent or major software & application related problems
- Provide end-user technical support, ensuring tickets are resolved in a timely manner, escalating to proper channels as required
- Provide audit support and drive process improvement
- Potential to support Application Interface Framework (AIF) and allocation maintenance and execution
- Lead, motivate, support, and coach project team members and peers by providing guidance that is appropriate for their knowledge and skill level
- Champion the BSA role by actively promoting learning across the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of the practice by leading initiatives
What you need to succeed:
- Functional experience with SAP S/4 Financial Group Reporting, Financial Consolidation and Financial Operations
- Specific and in-depth skills, knowledge, and experience with multiple facets of SAP S4/HANA Finance modules including Group Reporting, Consolidation, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets
- Good understanding of the IT landscape in the functional area, from ERP to Consolidation systems and BI tools
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SAP HANA, and 2 years of experience with SAP S/4 HANA.
- Hands-on functional configuration experience in SAP General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Business Warehouse modules
- Experience in or good understanding of several of the following BI technologies: SAP BI Solutions: HANA/Design Studio, AFO, BW, SAC; Oracle BI solutions is a plus
- Experience in SAP HANA DB environment
- Experience with SAP Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) module is an asset
- Expertise in the application of business analysis core competencies with at least 10 years of experience
- An understanding of business processes and ability to translate them into application requirements
- Awareness of the impact of service levels
- Ability to document and aggregate data
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior communications and client-facing skills with ability to deliver crisp, clear written and verbal messages to groups of varying sizes and roles
- Well-developed facilitation techniques with proven skills in elicitation and negotiation.
- Ability to appropriately apply a variety of planning, analysis, elicitation, modelling, and documentation techniques to accurately define and communicate requirements to help successfully deliver on initiatives.
- Mentorship and coaching skills to support peers and junior colleagues
- Be a collaborative team member who continuously strives to improve the client experience, our team, and our processes
- Experience working in a global environment and with virtual teams
- College or University degree, with a systems background or equivalent experience
- Certified or working towards certification as a Business Analysis professional
- SAP Finance Modules certification
- This role supports internal business clients in Waterloo, Toronto, and Wellesley MA. Occasional travel between these locations may be required.
- Reporting location is Toronto Atria, Toronto York, or Waterloo
- The candidate that will be retain for this role will have to go through a special clearance from the Royal Canadian Mountain Police. To see if you are eligible for this clearance, please review the section 201 on the Federal Government site (http://iss-ssi.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/msi-ism/ch2-prt1-eng.html)