Infrastructure Services Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Infrastructure Services Manager to join our expanding Delivery team in our Berkshire HQ (Thatcham). This role would see you working across core technologies, both on-premise and Cloud, and being responsible for all areas of our technology stack.
About the role:
As part of our wider Delivery team, this role takes ownership of our core Oracle technologies, and you will be a hands-on expert in all things Oracle, including on-premise and Cloud. You will be delivery focused and be able to contribute to ongoing technical design and development activities across the team, taking ownership of core infrastructure. You will also have the chance to lead on implementation work across multiple projects.
As well as being a technical expert, you will have the chance to be involved with pre-sales, owning our development standards, contributing to marketing collateral, and owning relationships with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
This role is based in our Berkshire head office, a two-minute walk from Thatcham train station, with free on-site parking and easy access to many nearby towns and cities.
- Being the Alliance lead in AWS, and our Technical Design Authority for all Cloud blueprints
- Working on pre-sales (RFI & RFP) documents, presenting to senior stakeholders and management
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Setting budgets for the Infrastructure Services Practice, and feeding into the delivery budget
- Taking the lead on the development of standards, best practices, and organisational capability
- Developing and contributing to marketing initiatives as requested e.g. datasheets, blogs, social media, whitepapers, and customer events
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and technical authorities in order to maintain your own position as a technical leader in areas of expertise
- Delivering technical design and development activities to programmes and projects in line with agreed project plans, to achieve successful delivery on time, within budget, and to agreed quality standards
- Planning and completing project handover activities to all service and support teams to maintain agreed service levels and knowledge transfer
- Coordinating and managing infrastructure change and incidents for the effective delivery of day-to-day service and project activity
- Promoting, delivering, and seeking opportunities for continual service improvement for customers
- Approval of documentation, training, and communication
- Customer engagement through kick-off meetings and monthly on-site visits
- Creating an environment where the team take on accountability and ownership for solving customer issues
- Focusing on automation and solution knowledge to implement and improve efficiency of the practice
- Ability and knowledge to identify the roadmap for migrating, and upgrading large-scale complex solutions
What we’re looking for:
- In-depth, substantial, hands-on experience using core Oracle technologies for:
- E-Business Suite
- Oracle Database
- Maximum Availability Architecture - MAA
- Significant Cloud architect experience (e.g. AWS, Azure, OCI), including all aspects, discovery, design/planning, and delivery
- Team management (including direct reports, people management, setting and measuring objectives/personal development plans, offshore management)
- Excellent communication, influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Pre-sales experience (RFI & RFP, presenting to senior stakeholders and management)
- Project management experience
- Hold at least one Cloud certification at associate or professional level (e.g. AWS, Azure, OCI)
- Experience in leading the design and implementation/upgrade of Cloud and on-premise solutions
- Good knowledge of automation systems and Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS technologies to improve the efficiency of the business
- Good understanding of Oracle licensing rules
About Support Revolution:
We are a fun, energetic company that likes to reward hard-working employees. As well as a competitive compensation package, we provide a range of flexible benefits from Perkbox, which includes discounts on many retail outlets, gym membership, and discounted health and dental care. We also have an active social side to the business including regular team building events, nights out, a Christmas party each year, and a free beer fridge which offers free wine and beer from 4 pm daily.
Support Revolution believes that organisations are being held hostage by Oracle and SAP; paying too much for software support and maintenance and being forced into unwanted upgrades.
Our mission is to cut our customers’ Oracle and SAP maintenance costs in half, while providing a better quality of service and freeing them from the mandatory upgrade cycle. Our customers are then able to redeploy funds from maintenance to innovation - investing in their own future.
You can learn more about the company here.
Support Revolution does not receive or accept CVs sent by employment agencies unless they are invited to do so by the HR/Recruitment team. Any unsolicited CVs received will not be eligible for recruitment fees.